BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Monday 15 January 2007

Sadam Lives!


The cruel dictator Sadam Hussain might have been executed, but he will not be forgotten by his legions of adoring admirers. I think George Bush Junior will be getting pretty upset when he realises the extent of the despot's popularity for not only do they visit his cult centre by the bus-load they all look more like nice ordinary Swiss shoppers than blood-thirsty Bath Party thugs and infidels.
Of course I'm being ironic but when I go on holiday and travel a lot getting tired, my head starts playing games and all those foreign words and place names become surreal puns that sometimes make me laugh. This Mercedes 405GL Post Bus was photographed near Rapperswil, another name that paints pictures. Perhaps it's all that leaking Walkman music one has to listen to on trains.

No comments: