BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Monday 10 September 2007

Arriva: Plaxton Derwent Leyland Tiger

Arriva acquired a number of interesting vehicles from it's many acquisitions including this Plaxton Derwent bodied Leyland Tiger with a nice cherished number-plate. I believe this bus was formerly E829 AWA which came with Liverline. The new open-air Common Road Garage was too small to accommodate the whole local Stafford fleet and some country turns were entrusted to Cannock Garage including this departure on the 432 to Knightley which would have also coincidentally enjoyed Happy Days Scania buses with the same bodywork before they sold this route. Apart from some grey and white Cummins powered trainers this was the last Arriva Tiger to be seen in the area and lasted till about 2004 and what was even better it had a sweet sounding Leyland Engine making the proper sounds.

2 comments:

busing said...

Request:

How about more Tigers from Arriva Midlands North? And anything from Liverpool's Liverline, Fareway, etc.

I recall Arriva Midlands Oswestry Depot (not *too* far from you) operated many of the last rebodied Tigers.

The Omnibuses2.0 Blog

christopher said...

You are correct Oswestry did have some of the attractive East Lancs rebodied Tigers. Being a Leyland fan I didn't mind when most of these and the Duple Dominant Buses seemed to find their way to Stafford at some time or another. It's interesting that you want to see more as actually I was thinking of doing a whole gallery of MRN Tigers in the bus section on my official web-site as the company in it's various guises had an interesting variety of buses and coaches in all sorts of colours. As for Liverline I'm sure I can find you something too including this same Tiger. I like to do requests because I know people will want to look at them which is one reason why I show so much from Switzerland. Going by my searches visitors seem to very much love Royal Tiger Doyans and Yelloways.