BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Saturday 15 September 2007

Liverline: Scania Northern Counties


As at Manchester just down the road Deregulation brought intense competition on Merseyside and there was enough business for the newcomers like Liverline to build up decent sized fleets of newish buses including double-deckers. Indeed in Liverpool the new operators buses at times seemed to outnumber the former PTA operator Merseybus vehicles. By the time this photo was taken even though Liverbus retained a separate identity it had been become part of what had once been the local Ribble operation now named North Western. In the end though Merseybus joined Liverline and North Western as part of Arriva.

3 comments:

busing said...

Excellent photo!

The Omnibuses2.0 Blog

christopher said...

Thanks, pity though Blogger decided to scramble the text but i'm sure you all still just about get the message.

busing said...

For my part Christopher I treated it as a puzzle!