BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Sunday 2 September 2007

Not my best photo but we shouldn't have been in Montreux


When I was at Aiglon College in Switzerland during the Mid-Sixties my friends and Myself were always getting in trouble including on the day when we were spotted in Montreux when we should have been going up a boring old mountain on one of our twice a term character building Expeditions. But for me at least it was worth it for in our part of Switzerland overlooking the Rhone Valley in Vaud, yellow Regie PTT Swiss Post Buses were few and far between so I was more than pleased to see these two FBW Alpenwagens which had come all the way from St.Moritz I expect working the Europabus. Unfortunately they had put the luggage trailers in the way so I could not photograph them from the front but I believe the first bus was P24058. Generally though it seemed the Saurers had a larger window in the rear door than the FBW's so this bus was quite unusual. As you can see P24087 a later bus at the end of the series had a more modern and angular body but as is nearly always the case it's impossible to improve on a true Classic.

No comments: