BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Monday 19 May 2008

Is it a bus or a mobile Electric Razor


Square boxes with lots of black plastic do nothing for me so actually I rather like bus and coach designs with a bit of personality whether it be an excess of brightwork or a strong racy livery. This Volvo with it's big radiator grill looks rather good in the cheerful orange glow that was the friendly 'Sunny' RN image. Taken in Monte Gordo in 1984 I'm not sure who built the attractive bodywork but these slightly menacing coaches like No.9808 were by no means rare.

5 comments:

Artdesire said...

Again a great image of a RN bus leaving the bus station at Vila Real do Sto. António for Monte Gordo. This Volvo B58-60B is bodied by Salvador Caetano. Originally from a company called Empresa da Rodoviária do Sotavento do Algarve, it even outlived RN times until it was finally put to rest in 1994.

christopher said...

We didn't get this style of Caetano coachwork in the UK. It did enjoy a long life, must be the good climate.

Artdesire said...

Well, you did have a couple of them in Britain, as shown on this photo http://aec.fotopic.net/p27459167.html by a member of the AEC Society. This Cascais type Caetano marked the introduction to the British market.

christopher said...

Thanks for the picture link Durante. Well yes I do remember those as there were a few about including some Leopards but they lacked the less fussy frontal treatment on the more attractive RN bus found in Portugal.

Miguel Sabino said...

Hello Christopher, hello my friend Sierd.
Let me introduce myself... I´m Miguel and i´m an enthusiast of the old RN. My father work as bus Driver on RN in Faro. Do you have more pictures from RN, especially from Faro fleet (numbered 9XXX), and most, specially from 9903 (reg NR-85-30)?
Best regards and thanks for thoses pieces of History.
Miguel Lopes Sabino