BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Tuesday 29 July 2008

Thinggaard: Dan's Bus & A Bird's Eye View


The last time I was in Aalborg I camped as usual in my van as I toured as many small towns in Jutland as I could photographing those lovely DAB and Volvo Danish buses in their many bright and attractive liveries as they were a big favourite of mine in the Eighties. I was befriended by this driver called Dan who worked for Thinggaard and not only did he invite me for a meal cooked by his wife and they put me up for a night at their home where we also watched a Big Foot Movie, I was taken as his guest on Thinggaard's main bus service the quite lengthy No.70 bus journey to Thisted a small town made less accessable and unreachable by any direct route because of the huge LImfjorden Fjord which meant the bus left at 14.00 and took a whopping 140 minutes. The best run of the week though I was told was a non stop run back from Thisted at Eight-0-Clock on a Sunday Night for the back-packers which in comparison took a modest hour and a half. As his duties at the weekend at least included dropping off the newspapers and I think the odd parcel here and there, there was plenty of time to alight to take the odd photo including this common phenomenon the village cranes nest. I think like storks they must be considered lucky, anyway I think that was what I was told at the time. Like many wonderful things they seem to crop up in European Folklore unlike buses of course.

No comments: