BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Saturday 15 November 2008

A Berresford Daimler CVG6D


Berresford of Cheddleton in North Staffordshire did push the boat out a bit with some adventurous and not too clever purchases like an ex-Bury Guy Wulfrunian but this solid reliable ex-Salford MCW bodied Daimler was not one of them. Most people associate this operator's buses either with either being on or just about ready for their slow demise dumped at the back of the garage in what became Britain's best known bus graveyard. This old girl obviously had a few good miles left as I caught what had been Salford No.358 fresh out of the paint shop as the driver had an oily rag to polish the chrome up on the radiator ready for a somewhat regal return journey to Leek. This view was taken in Hanley in about 1965 when this one of many similar buses delivered to Salford was fifteen-years-old.

No comments: