BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Saturday 29 November 2008

A Fogbound Birmingham Airport


This was taken one morning when I had a long wait at Birmingham Airport as my Father's incoming plane was delayed by thick fog. It might have been early in 1987 but West Midland Travel fans will know as it was the time when the local blue buses were losing their PTA ownership WMPTE identity for a Privitised West Midlands Travel following it's sale to National Express. The Metrobus at the rear has recieved it's new name whilst MCW bodied Leyland Fleetline No.6904 churning out a healthy plume of grey exhaust looks a little bare and dare I say it, cold.

No comments: