BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Sunday 2 November 2008

Happy Days: York Races


The late-Eighties and a party of regular punters from my local Bookmakers was going to York Races for the day, and so I went along too but of course to photograph the local buses in the city and not to do anything silly like drink and lose money on the horses. However I was still able to avail myself of some corporate hospitality and enjoy the atmosphere surrounded by some interesting rides. Parked on the grass our Happy Days of Woodeaves Neoplan double-decker makes an interesting contrast with the rather less pretty Gypsy Queen, Willowbrook Spacecar bodied Bedford from the small seven vehicle fleet of G & M Cox of Langley Park in Durham. I bet they just got beer and sandwiches with not a glass of champagne or sliced cucumber in sight. Happy Days had a pair of these Auwaeter Neoplan H77D double-deck coaches delivered in 1987 159-160 with an interesting pair of Registrations 18 XWC and XWC 18 which I feel must have caused a mix-up at times.

No comments: