BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Wednesday 19 November 2008

Southampton City transport: AEC Regent V


One of my favourite UK Municipal Operator was Southampton City Transport who unlike most of the others did not abandon the fine traditional livery of maroon and cream, or to be more precise a kind of darker cherry red that so suited it's older buses when it introduced a new brighter look when it's first Leyland Atlanteans arrived in 1969. Consequently not only did the original look of quality carried on fine buses like 1967 No.381 an East Lancs bodied AEC Regent V stay with them throughout their working lives it also meant that the later stock always looked fresh too. This shot was taken at Shirley on the outskirts and to testify that it was taken in the Seventies, just look at those flares!

No comments: