BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Sunday 15 February 2009

Kidderminster: The exhibits arrive


One bus rally I always used to enjoy was the rail and bus gathering at the Severn Valley Railway at Kidderminster. Sadly the bus side was killed off by our insurance liability claims culture after someone sued the organiser's for compensation after a minor incident. Vehicles used to come from far and wide as you can see here with a former Swindon (Thamesdown) Northern Counties bodied Daimler CVG6, a rare Roe Dalesman bodied AEC Reliance of West Riding, plus a once common ECW bodied Bristol RELH coach that operated for United Counties.

2 comments:

Tavis Pitt said...

Can I have permission to use this photo and a link to this blog on my weblog, The Wyre Forest Agenda [http://www.wfa.org.uk]?

christopher said...

Tavis please feel free.
Thanks for looking