BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Thursday 12 February 2009

Zurich: Bellvue


A busy scene in Zurich beside the lake a Bellvue as people scramble to get on tram No.2069 even though it's terminus at Klusplatz is only a couple of stops away.

2 comments:

Andy R said...

Some things never change.

Judging by the fashion etc, this shot must have been taken some time ago.

However, trams of this type still work the 15 today and not much else has changed either. The biggest change that I can find is that the building in the right background has been renovated and looks a fair bit smarter having lost most of that annoying advertising. This building is the Odeon cafe by the way, one of Zurich's most prestigious cafes which in its day was patronised by people ranging from Mussolini through James Joyce to Lenin, and its alos the place where the latter (or so legend tells us) was approached by the German secret agent who then smuggled him to Russia to start he revolution. The cafe's interior is still largely original today and the place is well worth stopping for as beer.

I live at the other end of the 15 by the way, Bucheggplatz.

Andrew

christopher said...

Yes I know the Odeon well as it is where I used to drink in Zurich as I used to stay just down the road five minutes walk away. Another favourite Zurich haunt Andrew was a cheap and friendly student restaurant not far away affectionately called the 'Bloody Knuckle'