BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Wednesday 24 June 2009

A Devon General Regent


Ask most bus enthusiasts of a certain age to list their favourite bus companies and the fleet of Devon General in the South West will probably be in there somewhere. Part of this might be fuelled by nostalgia for bucket-and-spade childhood seaside holidays but it's magnificent dark red and cream fleet of mostly AEC buses would also be a huge attraction. It was not until the end of the Sixties that Exeter City Council lifted it's ban on 30ft long double-deckers operating into the city which probably explained why it continued to purchase short AEC Regents like this Willowbrook bodied example of 1965 when bigger buses were the normal within the BET empire. I'm not sure which garage No.515 was heading for but no doubt locals would at least know where Service 77 went.

No comments: