BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Friday 21 August 2009

SELEC Cheshire Bristol VR No. 408


I'm sure my RN fans from Portugal will heartily agree that in the early Seventies SELNEC made a good choice when it selected this orange and cream livery for it's combined Manchester area bus fleet. I admit they were quite cheerful colours and looked rather pleasing on this ECW bodied Bristol VR with it's cream window mounts which had been ordered by the old North Western Road Car Company. The trouble was like with the big groups today and even RN, the new look swept away all the fascinating variety and individuality that went before. When Wigan was added SELNEC became known as the more memorable Greater Manchester Transport but stood for South-East Lancashire and North East Cheshire PTA. The now preserved bus was blinded up to work the Stockport to Altrincham 80 Service but was seen last year at the Meadow Hall Bus Rally.

2 comments:

Terminal Rodoviario said...

It reminds me better an old colour scheme from Carris that they had on their DD...

Cheers.

busing said...

A good reminder of a buy gone age.

When on the side of the bus, SELNEC referred to the South East Lancashire North East Cheshire PTE (not PTA).

Omnibuses Blog