BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Sunday 19 April 2015

ARE508Y: My first trip on a Leyland Tiger

A mate of mine used to be able to get us onto trips like this one organised by some lads from Michelin of Stoke to Amsterdam. Here we had a couple of hours in Brugges which was ruined as it coincided with a downpour. I was looking forward to seeing what a Tiger was like, and even though I grew quite fond of them later, at that time I found the Tiger of  Procter of Fenton sounded a bit tame compared to a nice loud booming Leopard. This application of this stripy livery was quite trendy at the time and it appeared on a similarly bodied Stevenson's Leopard too as well as ARE508Y seen here.

No comments: