BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Monday 13 July 2015

C351 SVV: Your Bus, but blink and you'll miss it!

Growing up I remember good Independents either like Whittle changing their fleet every couple of years or more usually running the same old buses for years on end to the point where we knew them all a bit like a PSV 'Whose Who." Yes everything had it's place but with Deregulation everything changed constantly and despite Your Bus briefly running this extremely unusual almost 40ft long Jonckheere bodied Scania few would remember it or even think it strange. C351 SVV was seen in Digbeth Birmingham but I'm sure here too they suffered from the same severe manoeuvrability problems that they were originally cursed by on London tendered routes.

No comments: