BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Tuesday 22 December 2015

From Chur No More FBW's up to Tschiertschen

I used to live in the past in some ways and a good example was when I went on holiday to Switzerland to explore my beloved PTT Post Bus Network I sought out connections with my schooldays twenty-five years earlier. Perhaps I was trying to just fill in the gaps or maybe subconsciously I was trying to heal wounds for my childhood was not really that happy and play and buses in particular was where I found solace. But thankfully Switzerland seemed frozen in time back in 1989 and reminders were everywhere and even though I had never been to Chur I knew which buses were here in the Sixties and I could picture them gathered here outside the railway station just like this. But by 2000 Switzerland was fast catching up and as well as all the old Saurer's and FBW buses becoming a memory places like Chur had a new impressive glass roofed bus station just at the end of the railway platform and passengers no longer had to trek up and down the stairs beneath the station to get to the buses. A shame but I'm sure they didn't mind besides P23507 a beefy little FBW one of a pair here to climb up tohe mountain to Tschiertschen had long departed into memory.

No comments: