BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Monday 18 April 2016

When I spotted there were far more buses to see

Yes Jojo is too old to worry about bus numbers but I saw a few in my time I remember trying to do a count in about 1970 and it was at least 35.000 different buses. Today after years of service cut-backs and the onward march of the motorcar there are possibly not even that many running in the UK and I'm sure someone out there knows. One thing that is good though, even though Stagecoach and the other big groups swallowed up not only most of the remaining  ex-municpals we lost a lot of Independent's too, but thankfully there is a new generation who sometimes beat the big boys at their own game like Potteries based D&G with their cheerful orange buses rarely let us down.

No comments: