BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Thursday 9 June 2016

East Yorkshire RAT 176R on National Express 216 to Hull

Not that I'm saying a bit of thought might be beneficial but  I think if we always took perfect photographs every time life might become boring. Indeed imperfections can add to the appeal and we see it regularly in old slides where something has got in the way of the shot and ruined it only to be the thing that makes it stand out in years to come. As for myself I always try to hold the camera straight and avoid blurring the image. However a little of it stressing the movement of a vehicle can be quite appealing such as this view of an East Yorkshire Plaxton Supreme bodied Leyland Leopard entering Digbeth Coach Station. What I like about it is the way it contrasts with the stillness of the background on a mundane grey day. How times have changed as then nobody came out of nowhere to pounce on me for parking my van outside the coach station for a couple of minutes while I grabbed a photo or two.

No comments: