BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Wednesday 22 February 2017

Dennis Loline 462 EOT at Reading

After the MAP survey did a Doctor Beeching axe job on the NBC companies not only were rural routes cut but in some cases so many not too old buses were withdrawn operators like Alder Valley were only left with less interesting stock, VR's, Nationals, and Leopard coaches. When I visited the garage at Reading it's large yard was packed with a lot of the good stuff  awaiting disposal including this survivor an Alexander bodied Dennis Loline from Aldershot and District, These buses had been gone a year or two by 1981 but 462 EOT lasted a bit long as a yellow training vehicle. This photo might have been my goodbye to it but thankfully it has been saved and in the safe hands of preservationists who have restored it to it's former glory.

No comments: