BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Tuesday 21 February 2017

No Business When There IS No Snow-Business!

One of the problems for communities in the Alps that rely on tourists who come to ski is there can be just too much snow or as we can see at Schiers where a Saurer post bus belonging to the local PTT contractor waits (PAH) there can be nothing and they get decent amounts here and nearby in Davos and Klosters. The skiers often get around the problem of no snow by changing their resorts or perhaps by being sensible like me and just taking a bus or rail trip without the need to get too cold. But I have been in this region when the snow was so deep it derailed the narrow-gauge train near Filisur was derailed for some time and it caused all the connecting parts to run late as well which is something very rare in Switzerland. But it was a terrible year for heavy snowfall and shortly after I left just over the border in Austria an avalanche swept a whole village away.

No comments: