BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Tuesday 16 May 2017

Arriva FJ06 ZTG My Bus World is a mix of good and bad

Any slight feelings of nostalgia accepted I have to say I prefer many of today's buses to the Leyland National or more recently the Plaxton Pointer Dennis Dart. Yes I rather enjoy riding on Enviro 400 double-deckers, and Wright bodied VDL's like this one so no I don't feel I have to live in the bus past so much today but I did at one time. Many of Arriva's routes are a bit of a pain as they go all-around-the-Wrekin and one could cycle to Cannock in far less time than it takes the 60 as it is only seven miles away from here at Lichfield whereas 60 must mean sixty minutes.Arriva do try initiatives every so often to add extra faster services but when loadings are poor they just cut it whereas the more astute operators make stronger decisions and wait for the boardings to rise which happens wit time if it is reliable. However the problem with Arriva is they have too many managers who just come and go and all they really do is annoy the public as change is often for change sake before they move on. 

No comments: