BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Tuesday 15 August 2017

MRN Redline Rebodied Tiger B103 KPF

Before Stafford was pedestrianised this used to be my favourite spot for bus photography in the town. Looking back when clean and fresh this 'Drawline' livery devised by Ray Stenning was rather attractive and suited the rebodied Green Line Tigers which flooded the town. Most spend some time at Stafford, allocated or working from Cannock but I thought 1723 was going to be an exception but early on it was moved here from Crewe and was unusual as it still had it's Leyland front wheel trims. It was working a former Happy Days service.

2 comments:

Ross said...

I wonder if it's only just been transferred over to Stafford depot and still has a Crewe depot destination blind fitted? That would be a valid reason for it showing Town Centre rather than Stafford, rather than the usual "jump to the conclusion that it's a lazy driver".

Being pedantic, it was Drawlane rather than Drawline. I assume that, like Musterphantom (which traded as Solent Blue Line) in the same era, it was just an 'off-the-shelf' company with a strange name - when creating a new company, it's rather cheaper to accept one of the Companies House list of unused, often rather strange, names than to have a new name created for your company.

christopher said...

You are correct Ross it had only just arrived and maybe the first time I had seen it. I always thought it was Drawline, we learn something new every day lol.