BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Friday 15 September 2017

A Green Line Olympian to Blythe

I used to go to Tyneside working quite frequently especially to Wallsend. But if time was at a premium which it usually was I didn't venture far off route perhaps stopping at Jarrow Bus Station and garage which was at the entrance of the Tyne Tunnel. But knowing I might retire soon I treated myself to a quick visit to Newcastle. I parked in the low town and paid for one-hour on a meter which should have been enough, but the heavens opened up and I had to scrabble for a few shots once the rain had stopped which is why perhaps I wasn't too worried about the odd car in the way. Still I quite like realistic truthful images as these tend to get more interesting as time goes on. I didn't have time to find another one of these Northhumria former Green Line ECW Olympian coaches so I did my best.

No comments: