BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Wednesday 28 March 2018

M605 UTV Nottingham City Transport.

Dennis Dart buses with Plaxton bodywork are usually associated with the Badgerline companies but of course they could be found elsewhere such as here at Nottingham and the similar look of the minibus in the background is carried an Optare minibus.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

But it's a Volvo! A B10B.These Plaxton Verde bodies were built on Dennis chassis's but on Lances rather than Darts. Love the website and photos!

Richard Jones said...

Yes I agree Midland Red West had two large batches of these very fast and powerfull Plaxton Verde bodies on a Dennis Lance never on a Dart for the many Black Country services now operated by Diamond Bus who also had a couple that ended up with Green Bus

christopher said...

Thank you Darren and Richard for your comments and corrections. I'm afraid I like taking photos a lot more than reading about these buses. Often if I have it close at hand I do look things up but I'm afraid if I think it's going to be more of a chore I tend to just make an intelligent guess. Of course I could look them all up properly but if I did I wouldn't bother to post so many of these for you to enjoy.