BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Monday 15 October 2012

Stafford was Deetenville

From a bus viewpoint think of Stafford and Midland Red fans usually think of the revolutionary underfloor engined D10's as they came here in a run down condition 1964. But once they were brought back up to scratch they were just as reliable as the other BMMO's including the D9 and it's a pity they never stuck with it.  In 1969 4943 was caught heading up the Newport Road bound for Highfields Estate. As I was at Wythall yesterday I had my first ride on her since the Sixties, I also went on the SON, S12, S16, S20, CM6 and a D9 so it was an enjoyable and well organised Midland Red day. Thanks to all concerned.

No comments: