BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Thursday 22 March 2012

Berresford's Atlantean AEL 178B

Seen at the Cheddleton garage with a rather neglected look one always felt much of the Berresford fleet was perhaps just an engine failure away from that slow death dumped to rust and perish at the back of the garage. Life must have been a much more sunny experience for this Atlantean when it enjoyed the sea air in Bournemouth. Built to resemble the more shapely Alexander desgin this 1964 Leyland AEL178B was bodied by Metro-Cammell.

No comments: