BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Wednesday 12 March 2014

Pool of Vernons at Aintree

Liverpool can be associated with many famous household names including before the National Lottery became the nation's favourite way to flitter away money, Vernons Pools. I'm sure they are still trading in other areas like retail but there was a hushed silence as those potential winning scores draws were read out Saturday Tea Time. These two old Leylands were parked at the the former Ribble Aintree Garage. The Atlantean UKA573H of course ran for the local PTE whilst I believe the Duple Commander HTM646H came from Jeffs of Helmdon. One of the Greatrex drivers used to work for them and boasted that he was the only driver to take perhaps this Leopard through the gates into Buckingham Palace with a load of disabled kids.

No comments: