BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Wednesday 22 August 2018

The Bus Delights of Rugeley

I'm not being tongue in cheek when I call this the delights of Rugeley for just like Cannock there was a period at the end of the Eighties when it was alive with bus interest and diversity.  Of the local Midland Red North coach liveries I think the claret and white Chaserider livery was the nicest as worn by this Stafford based grant-door Plaxton Supreme bodied Leyland Leopard. It had only just arrived and was the first one allocated in the county town.  Another one this time with the unpopular Willowbrook 007 livery but in a quite different yellow ME Midland Express livery hides behind a shelter. Next to it  also from Cannock and of interest is DRC 543J an Alexander bodied Daimler Fleetline which came from smart NBC neighbour Trent. Icing on the cake would have been a wonderful Warstone's Green Bus half-cab Leyland PD3 bound for Wolverhampton but there are a couple of former London DMS Fleetlines with Stevenson's and in blue a former Edinburgh Atlantean with Key Coaches. Sadly by this time Middleton's had gone but Stevenson's prototype ECW bodied Olympian might just turn up at any moment as that was allocated at their small garage here too.

No comments: