BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Thursday 12 December 2013

A Church Spire Too: It must be a Parish

Fortunately with my own darkroom I didn't have to worry much about wasting strips of bulk-film and indeed it seemed a good idea as I would get to see the finished results sooner. As it turned out it was a wise move as I probably might not have bothered to snap this tidy Plaxton bodied Bedford in Oswestry in about 1983 and today these untidy backgrounds are full of interesting period detail to enjoy. The town was on the fringes of the vast Crosville territory and it's rather ugly wartime hanger type garage can be seen to the left, but Parish did the town services in this small North Shropshire town and was well know for it's former London Transport RF type.

No comments: