BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Saturday 11 January 2020

Stafford: The Rise and Fall of Arriva and First Bus

This photo of an Arriva Wright bodied VDL was taken in December 2018, It's a mundane enough scene but we shouldn't take things too much for granted as nothing stays the same for long and quite soon as far as Stafford is concerned both Arriva and First Bus might be gone. Yes we should still at least get Arriva coming in from Telford but it's funny really for having disliked them for so many years I will be quite sad to see them go. Maybe in this new decade we will see some of the big operating groups whither or crumble and then in their place a new generation will come along to get too big too and do the same. Well if nothing else it might be more interesting even if the buses themselves won't be.

No comments: