BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Friday 22 January 2016

Travel Express Alexander Bodied Dennis Fart Y184 KNB

Names can be misleading like the name of the now defunct operator from Bushbury who ran buses into Wolerhampton. They were interesting for not only did they run a fleet of elderly Dennis Darts with a variety of bodywork they were never repainted and I often wondered if they did in fact have an official livery. Perhaps 'Rainbow Buses' might have been a better name for them as the word express doesn't mean much in Wolverhampton with all it's traffic-lights particularly on the Inner Ring Road.

No comments: