BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Sunday 20 March 2016

York Pullman JDN 668 Still Pulling the Crowds

It has been in preservation for some years but not surprisingly this elegant exposed radiator Roe  bodied AEC Regent is still a big favourite with enthusiasts and here it was hard at work again at Lincoln last year. I think I first rode on it between Kidderminster and Bewdley on the Severn Valley Event which was some years ago now

3 comments:

anon said...

Ialways loved their colour scheme.regards ray atherton

christopher said...

Thanks Ray, fairly unique scheme but somehow timeless as it still looks very presentable and almost modern.

Unknown said...

Here is a very strange sounding a.e.c. regent lll double decker bus from York pullman of York & I still remember how it sounded like when the late Tony peart drives it, plus having a ride on it via it use to be kept at the Sandtoft transport centre near Doncaster. So look through the staircase window on the offside it will make you all very strange.