BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Wednesday 4 January 2017

Arriva Volvo Double-Decker in Penkridge on the 75

Just as I was getting used to double-deckers on the Cannock to Stafford Hospital 74 and 75 Services they replaced them with the same combination but single-deck Wright bodied Volvos. It's a bit hard to fathom but it was actually two years ago when I took this shot in Penkridge as I was there to pick up my new car from the garage in the background. But even the Ford agent Hodson's has gone now as it has relocated on the edge of the village, more space perhaps but I'm sure they miss out of some passing trade.

No comments: