BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Thursday 16 July 2020

South Wales Leopard NCY 476R bound for Haverfordwest

A cat or rather a Jojo must have nine lives. Today it seems unthinkable that one might attempt to  take photos on the tiny strip of pavement in the middle of the road in busy Bristol. But the world was a bit different in the early Eighties and not only were we not constantly being watched we were left to use our common-sense. All I can say is nobody seemed too bothered, I'm still here and believe it or not even managed to get back again without being run over despie not wearing a high-viz vest.  So I lived to tell the tale and also managed to get an unusual photo of a South Wales Duple Dominant bodied Leopard heading off for far off Haverfordwest. My advice though is as they say "don't try this at home".

1 comment:

Ross said...

Looks like you've caught one the Expresswest services, in the period before they were taken over by National Express and renumbered 6.. and very soon returned to the three local operators (BOC, NWOS and SWT) but keeping the 6.. numbers rather than reverting to the original X.. numbers.
I wonder if you caught it when the service was brand new (i.e. before some coaches were given the Expresswest livery) or if this was a replacement vehicle for an unavailable EW coach?

A good shot with the three vehicles side-by-side. :)
Florence is a fair way from home, coming from (or heading home to) Morecambe.