BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Saturday 6 July 2013

ATK 160W East-Lancs: Shouldn't it be a Roe down to the Hoe?

In later years East Lancs bodies gained a reputation for poor quality indifferent and even ugly designs. However I very much liked the bodies found on Plymouth's later Atlanteans which followed the even more attractive Park Royal-Roe NBC standards. From about 1980 pristine ATK160W No.160 looked very smart indeed on the Guide Friday 'Plymouth Tour' operated in partnership. Even more pleasing it was at the time at the end of the Nineties when so typical of Plymouth conventional Atlantean roar no longer competed in decibels with those greedy herring-gulls. Sadly with the demise of Guide Friday Plymouth stopped running open-top buses in summer which I feel is a mistake as there are wonderful views to be enjoyed down by the Hoe and all the way down narrow roads to seemingly far off Jennycliff beyond the greyness of the city.

No comments: