BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Wednesday 28 October 2015

Butters Bedford EAA 830W

A regular in Stafford on market days on the service from Market Drayton was this Duple Dominant bodied Bedford of Butters. Today Stafford is once more awash with the colours of Independents but they do not have the pedigree of Greatrex, Austins, Bassetts or this Shropshire firm which if I remember rightly started in about 1922.

2 comments:

BusmanT said...

Butters of Childs Ercall.
According to the PSV Circle publication "The Independent Stage Carriage Operators of Shropshire" (2PD5 - September 1971) the business was formed by Mr C H Butter in 1927. By 1971 is was a partnership between C N & S Butter and P R Managh - I remember them operating a Market Drayton Town Service to Tern Hill during my time in the transport industry in Shropshire in the late 1980's.

christopher said...

Thanks they were operating for many years and probably survived by staying small. DMaybe the mantra after Degregulation should have been expand to extinction.