BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Tuesday 13 June 2017

Mercian B607 OEH leaves for Nuneaton

Being winter an understandably grubby Midland Red North Duple bodied Leyland Tiger leaves the Birmingham Bull Rig Bus Station for Nuneaton. In the past Vehicle licensing  would have not issued B607 OEH as the letter 'O' could be mistaken for a zero, but now able to sell more desirable marques off to the public walk down any busy road and you will see what people have invented for themselves and some of these corrupted registrations can be quite amusing even though one wonders what the correct number is. But one has one government arm selling numbers off knowing they are going to be messed with and The Police and VOSA still able to prosecute for the offence.

No comments: