BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Thursday 6 July 2017

Thames Valley VR UBL 246G leaves Reading on Chilton Link I think!

As I've said before I am not a big fan of the NBC, but at least they didn't sell everything off and looking back reminders of better days were still visible. But it was a tacky concern, and even though this Alder Valley Bristol VR leaving Reading has it's destination blinds in working order and set correctly the appearance of the vehicle is spoilt by the way someone hasn't even gone to the trouble of trying to stick the 'Chilton Link' on to the side of the bus straight. Besides towards the end the NBC were so fond of these local names but who knew what they meant, and by the time they probably found out the name had changed again. Worse still if I got on this bus I wouldn't know if it was on the Chilton Link as it might just be 'filling in' and it was not the High Wycombe service but something else maybe.

No comments: