BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Sunday 14 January 2018

Roe Dalesman 242 CRF of Greatrex of Stafford

I spent some of the New Year picking the best and more importantly scanning the most interesting of these old beginners photography  Ilford Sporti photos. With square negatives it was not easy to get much closer than this to take this two coach view of the Roe Dalesman bodied AEC Reliance of Greatrex of Stafford 242 CRF. However boring as they might have been in their day the frontal treatment of the Duple Yeoman body on a Thames has made them a bit of a favorite of mine and much nicer than the much more plain contemporary Bedford. 168 HBF looked quite new so I imagine this was taken in about 1963. After the heavyweight era ended this firm turned to the Commer but I haven't changed my mind boring old Fords were favorites for much of the Sixties and Seventies.

2 comments:

Malcolm said...

This has evoked some memories! A small company supplied coaches for our inter school pupil transfers using both types in this photo. When the Fords arrived brand new I had an argument with the class "know all" who maintained they were not Ford Thames as they were lorries and therefore couldn't be coaches. Unfortunately the Fords were soon repossessed as rumour had it that the H.P.payments (no leasing in those days!) could not be afforded, but the Roe Dalesmans went on for a good few years.

christopher said...

Thank you Malcolm, I'm glad you enjoyed it even the most faded of photos can evoke memories.