BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Sunday 16 September 2018

Hurrying Over The Tram Tracks in Leipzig

It is always annoying when people step out in front of us when we are about to take a photo and especially when they just don't care! But not only was this guy just blinkered running for a train it turned a rather predictable LVB tram photo in Leipzig into a little gem. One more step and he would blocked out all the detail of the tram but as it is it robs us of nothing. This of course was in the days before we all had digital cameras and photography was still an expensive hobby.

2 comments:

Ross said...

Ahh, Leipzig...

I do like Leipzig, but it's so expensive to stay there now! Last time I visited, a couple of years ago, I ended up staying across the state border in Halle/Saale where I got a hotel for a 4-night long weekend for the same price I would have paid for 2 nights in Leipzig. They even threw in a free ticket for local public transport, which is something I've only ever seen in Germany and Switzerland, but is definitely something I wish would happen here in the UK too.

Unlike most places in that part of the world, Leipzig still runs Tatra T4D cars, albeit modernised and with low-floor trailers, alongside modern low-floor trams and the home-built Leoliners, so it's still an interesting place to visit for the trams.

Time for another visit, I think!

christopher said...

I used to love going to places like Switzerland and Denmark but with BREXIT looming the pound has sunk so I don't even entertain the thought. East Germany used to be very cheap but of course places like Leipzig have gone up in the world and it's hard to guess it was not so long ago a backwater under the Communists.