BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Thursday 18 October 2018

1982 My quest to snap the last half-cabs in Norwick

A lot of my black and whites were taken when I used to deliver electricty meters to the various test stations. The most distant ones were at Redruth and Aberdeen but GEC already had their own large van to do the distance stuff but when it was very busy I was dispatched further afield and occasionally visited EEB at Norwich. This is a lovely city and at this time I was eager to snap as many of the few remaining provincial half-cabs as I could and this was one of the last places where Bristol FLF's in quantity were out all day. Of course the same was true in Bristol but not that it mattered here but these were red ones lol.

No comments: