BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Friday 1 February 2019

How times change as these days it's seems most odd to think of traffic going down the main street of Stafford with all those milling pedestrians jostling for space. Of course there were no mobile phones then to distract their thoughts as they stepped off the pavement but one wonders how so few people got run over in an age where there was no health and safety nonsense to keep us safe. Well I always joked that if I was to be run over by a lorry it should be a Foden but heaven forbid should it happen one could have done worse than go under an AEC Reliance Plaxton Supreme coach like this one which served with Chase and was competing with MRN on the Lichfield service. I suppose there is a lot to be said for safety regulations but it is most annoying as it treats people as though they were both stupid and accident-prone.

No comments: