BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Tuesday 10 March 2020

Playing With Numbers: Arriva VDL Plaxton YJ57 BWE

In the UK operators taking a pride in their fleet is very much a thing of the past instead they just keep them going. To a true tradesman it might annoy them so much they would have to pull it all off and do the job properly. I am talking about the fleet number alteration on the front of this Arriva VDL as it must have been something like 3145 but when they tried to change it to an eight there was not enough space so they used a small sized number instead. I don't suppose the passengers will take too much notice they will just be glad to see the Stafford Hospital bus turn up. At least unlike the 825 from Lichfield which didn't always bother to finish the last leg of it's journey the H shuttle service is fairly reliable and runs to time. 

No comments: