BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Thursday 26 March 2020

Wypte: Former Halifax Roe bodied Leyland PD2 CCP 162C

The changes that occured during the early Seventies put me off buses and more importantly bus photography. It wasn't quite as dramatic as the end of steam on the railways but  as we reached the end of the Seventies I felt a whole part of my life was disappearing with the old half-cabs. It didn't matter if they often looked a bit scruffy I had spent many an hour sitting upstairs on the front seats as they made stately progress and I had started to love them again. So as I went about the country doing my job I tried to find time to visit the towns I passed. I was lucky to visit Halifax that day as the driver of this Roe bodied Leyland PD2 said he would miss them and there were just two left at his depot.

No comments: