BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Tuesday 2 June 2009

Taw & Torridge


Many coach tours in Britain these days look for other stop-off points close to the motorway system as opposed to the Motorway Services. No doubt the more elderly customers appreciate the plants and shrubs at a garden centre and more sedate tea-room as opposed to the hustle and bustle, the lines of large noisy trucks and the ding-dong of piped music the clatter of fruit-machines and people in a hurry. Indeed at least a small coming home gift from here of a bargain plant for the kitchen windowsill will be more appreciated than a stick of rock or 'kiss-me-quick' hat. On it's return to Devon from Blackpool this Scania coach of Taw and Torridge named after local rivers leaves Gailey Services just off the M6 for the next leg of the journey back to the West Country.

1 comment:

nicv said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.