BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Sunday 27 May 2018

Lytham JTD 381 in Morecambe

The Ribble Vehicle Preservation Group organised a great event in Morecambe today. I'm not a great one for bus rallies with lines of buses parked on the grass I much prefer running events like this where vehicles are presented in more authentic settings running along the seafront and of course give rides.  Much of Britain was hit with ferocious thunder storms but for a change the north got the best weather as it was a very pleasant 22.c with a breeze. One can't find a better example of a Lancashire bus than a Leyland PD2 like this one with a Leyland body. Not only did Ribble have them but most of the municipal fleets had them like this one in Lytham St Annes blue and white livery. Rugged and reliable these Leyland Titans continued to be produced right up to 1969 but it's own body production ended in 1953.

No comments: