BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Monday 14 May 2018

Yeoman's Bedford VAL CVJ 800C

The small city of Hereford being on the south-west flank of the giant Midland Red empire also played host to a number of large companies, indeed Red and White had a small depot here too. On the Independent front as well as Wye Valley was Yeoman's who provided an attractive bottle-green painted mix of interesting old and bought new buses including this quite rare Duple bodied Bedford VAL. A little quirk that lasted many years was the way the company tried to register it's buses with a hundred number. Probably they had a friend who worked in the local road-tax office who helped if they could to find one that was available.

No comments: