BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Sunday 28 April 2019

Blackpool Atlantean A360 HHG

Rather like Plymouth the seaside town of Blackpool has seen a number of livery changes over the years. This one of the early Eightes appeals to me the most as I like the strong crisp modern looking livery couples with the town's crest and decorative roundal. Some bus designs are probably best forgotten but the later much better AN68 Atlantean along with the Leopard were two of Leyland's most popular models and these double-deckers could be found working with many corporations and for no particular reason but especially on the coast like this. No. 360 of about 1983 was one of the very last ones built and managed to get a A-Series registration despite the later Olympian having been in production already for a year or so. Obviously managers were wary of new models from Leyland as they didn't know what problems might come with them, and also of course the Olympian was seen as a replacement for the 'provincial' Bristol VR whereas the Atlantean was in my opinion more of a town bus.

No comments: