BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Monday 25 September 2017

B.V.G 1774 at Bahnhof Zoo

Before Reunification and the fall of The Berlin Wall the premier route in The West used to be the very frequent 19 which traversed the Kurfurstendamm and which also offered shoppers a cheap hop-on-hop-off cheap fare. But symbolic of the new order was the 100 which crossed the old divide bringing together the old city centre destinations like Alexander Platz and Unter den Linden in the East with the Reichstag and Bahnhof  Zoo in the West. Being a top tourist route usually mostly newer buses could be found on here but when it was busy it also saw the oldest and I enjoyed a ride on one of these MAN buses when only a couple were left in service, but like once familiar landmarks I miss them as fellow MAN 1774 of 1981 was so very typical of the fleet between the mid Seventies and early Nineties.

No comments: